Are you looking for a new adventure with positive impact?
We are on the mission to change the world wide out-dated education systems.
We are in the process of building a new paradigm for life-long learning alongside existing education systems. Based on the best practice of the 100 most innovative schools from around the world and in collaboration with 20 disruptive thought leaders for learning, we are developing new learning elements, learning spaces and learning technologies that are responsive to the inspirations, needs and challenges of today’s children and future generations to come. Our objective is to empower 100.000.000 learners and 100.000 schools by 2030.
Based out of our Barcelona Learning Innovation Community (1.200m2 in the heart of Barcelona @ Enrique Granados 7) we offer you an energetic, agile and innovative environment where you can bring the best out of yourself. Ready for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure?
In this role you are directly collaborating with the Chief Operating Officer of Our Dream School (ODS). You will be his right and left hand during this challenge to innovate education systems around the world. As such you will manage all administrative and financial tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the business, including the Barcelona Learning and Innovation Community. You are at ease with the maintenance of financial records, the processing of income and expenditure, purchasing of goods and services up to the undertaking of a range of financial reporting and administrative tasks. You will have a crucial role in setting up processes to achieve an agile and efficient operation. You must enjoy having everything under control and making sure that everything runs smoothly with a great attention to detail and people. Transmitting warmth, friendliness and being fun to work with go hand in hand with efficiency.
Your role will involve:
- Provide day to day support to the Chief Operating Officer, particularly on finance and operational issues related to Our Dream School and the Barcelona Learning and Innovation Community.
- Give general administrative and financial support to the smooth functioning of the Barcelona Learning and Innovation Community, working closely with the Director of BLIC where necessary.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in the preparation of the monthly financial reports, including liaising and working with external accountants, and in the control and management of the budget allocation.
- Working with the Chief Operating Officer in the preparation of the group financial plan and processes, including operating expenses (e.g., actual, outstanding, projected) to ensure the most efficient allocation of financial and other resources.
- Maintain accurate information about the members of the community and be responsible for the administration related to their initial registration and their ongoing relationship (e.g. invoicing, inscription documents).
- Assist in the evaluation, selection and ongoing relationship management, of the most appropriate 3rd party service providers, for example courier or shipping services.
- Review expense reports and invoices for completeness and accuracy and enter their details into department-specific tracking database to generate data for analysis.
- Operate as credit collections where necessary.
- Compose, manage and translate correspondence (e.g., e-mails, letters, responses to requests and inquiries).
- Maintain electronic and paper files and signed contracts (where necessary) for easy access and retrieval.
You will bring:
- 3+ years of experience in either an all-rounder assistant job within the Finance or Administration department, ideally with some exposure to start-ups or entrepreneurial high-growth environments.
- Your English and Spanish are both fluent (Catalan is considered positively).
- Highly passionate about our purpose and the social impact we create.
- You enjoy being detail oriented, exquisite and eloquent in treatment.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Flexibility, to handle shifting priorities and be highly intuitive.
- Strong and analytic executor: You have the talent for simplifying complex ideas and making them happen.
If you are up for your next challenge, please explain your motivation and apply with your resume/story to email@example.com